CCI4Change: Energy Transition Project to be Funded by Interreg

We are glad to be the lead partner organisation in the new project “CCI4Change: Facilitation of Citizens’ Energy Consumption Behavioural Change in BS Cities and Municipalities”, which was recently accepted for funding by the Interreg Baltic Sea programme.

The project, which officially starts in August 2023 and runs for a period of two years, will focus on facilitating the transformation of citizens’ energy consumption habits in Baltic Sea cities and municipalities through engagement of the cultural and creative sector. We look forward to collaborating with our project partners: Jurmala Local Government Administration (Latvia); the City of Kotka (Finland); Scania Region (Sweden); Cursor Oy: Kotka-Hamina Regional Development Company (Finland); Föreningen Stapelbädden/STPLN (Sweden) and South- Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences Ltd (Xamk) (Finland). And we are grateful to have associated partners on board in the form of the Riga Municipal Agency “Riga Energy Agency” (Latvia) and Council of the Baltic Sea States (CBSS) (Sweden).

“The skills and capacities of the cultural and creative sector play a key role in the shift towards sustainability.  This project is a much needed practical opportunity for new collaboration formats between public authorities and the creative sector to achieve a shared goal,” says Krista Petäjäjärvi, Acting Head of the Northern Dimension Partnership on Culture.

The CCI4Change project was one of 13 accepted ideas for new partnerships geared towards a green and more resilient Baltic Sea region. Here you can read more about the selection process.

Stay tuned to keep track of the CCI4Change project journey!

The project will be implemented from August 2023 until July 2025, the total budget of the CCI4change project is 470,000 euros, of which 80%, or 380 000 euros, come from the Interreg Baltic Sea Region programme and the remaining 20 percent from the project partners.