The Northern Dimension Partnership on Culture Secretariat is looking for a Project Manager
The Northern Dimension Partnership on Culture is an international governmental organisation supporting the cultural and creative sector (CCS). Since 2010, the NDPC has served as a regional focal point connecting policy makers, experts, and practitioners in the field. NDPC mission is to strengthen the strategic role of CCS in sustainable development across the region. Currently, the activity area covers 10 countries and the Secretariat’s office is situated in Riga, Latvia.
We are offering a position of a Project Manager for the NDPC led project CCI4Change, recently accepted for funding within the Interreg Baltic Sea Region program (small-projects). Read more about the project here.
The Project Manager will be employed contract-based for a period of up to 2 years, preferably with start in August 2023. The secretariat aim is to be able to increase the Project Managers workload from 80% to 100% by beginning of the year 2024. These prospects are to be negotiated with the suitable candidate, and dependent on forthcoming project funding decisions.
Monthly gross salary from 1600,00 EUR to 1800,00 EUR depending on the experience. The remuneration package includes health insurance.
We can offer a meaningful context of work with high standards of expertise, a steady salary and attractive working conditions with future possibilities. We offer a hybrid working model where we aim for a best possible balance between home and office work. The initial working hours and days of the selected candidate will be set based on an agreement. The selected Project Manager will be welcomed by a small, friendly, open-minded and supportive team who believe in work-life balance, empowering the employees and encouraging initiative at the workplace.
The main responsibilities of the Project Manager are:
- Full responsibility of the CCI4Change project management and administration aligned with both the secretariat´s and the funder´s standards;
- Financial management and reporting of the project lead partner;
- Assistance with securing of co-financing of the project;
- Project facilitation and planning; providing support to the project partner organisations in their project implementation, management and reporting;
- Cooperating with the funding institute;
- Organising of procurements procedures of additional expertise needed for the project activities;
- Production of project related meetings and events;
- Supporting the communication manager in project communication.
The candidate should have:
- Higher education degree in a related field (e.g. EU project management);
- Work experience (3+ years) with international project administration and management in an EU level project (Interreg, Creative Europe, Horizon etc.), and preferably experience as a project lead partner;
- Ability to process large amounts of information, ability to think analytically, and readiness to work in a creative, detail-oriented, and dynamic manner together with the NDPC team;
- A good command of professional English (oral and written) and excellent communications skills, both written and spoken;
- Good presentation skills and solution-oriented mindset;
- Good digital skills in office365 surrounding;
- Experience and knowledge of the tendencies within the cultural and creative sector are an advantage.
The NDPC highlights the candidate’s ability to take independent responsibility, take initiative and work proactively and flexibly as part of the team. Preferably the candidate has working experience in co-operations with public parties as well as third sector operators, and an interest in regional co-operation in Northern Europe area. The work may involve some travelling around in the project partner countries.
The NDPC is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.
Send your short CV in English and a letter of motivation (max. 1 x A4 page in length as PDF) to explain why you are applying for the position, and how your experience and expertise fits the requirements. Send the documents by 13 June 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the topic “Project Manager”. Applications without both – CV AND a letter of motivations will not be considered. Selected candidates are asked to complete a brief written assignment related to project content, and suitable candidates are interviewed online or onsite during the period of 14-22.6.
For further information about the position:
Krista Petäjäjärvi, Acting Head of the Secretariat
email@example.com, Mob: +358 40 4160408