Open call for ideas for cross innovation projects
Creating spaces where cross-sectorial collaboration and innovation can flourish
The Northern Spaces for Creative Innovation Call for Ideas is open to cultural and creative industries (CCI) professionals from Northern Dimension countries to submit their cross-innovation project ideas.
We invite organisations from cultural and creative industries sector to test collaboration models and processes that create spaces, whether physical or digital, for cross-sectoral collaboration and innovation in the Northern Dimension countries. Moreover, we are looking for collaboration models that connect the CCI field with the digital, economic, environmental, social, education and other sectors, building up a cross-sectoral cooperation ecosystem.
With the Northern Spaces for Creative Innovation, we aim to:
- Create spaces and multilevel partnerships for such collaboration to flourish in Northern Dimension countries and beyond.
- Promote new thinking as well as innovative products, services, and activities by fostering cross-sectorial connectivity, both face-to-face and or virtually.
- Innovate traditional industrie, transforming practices and processes that affect multiple entities and involve relevant societies and communities.
- Address challenges which are key to innovation practices that most societies and economies will attempt to address in the coming years: health, climate change, digitalization, economic resilience with involvement of the local communities.
- Build cross-border partnerships in the Northern Dimension region.
- Ensure the models found in this process can be sustained and upscaled for future use.
Who can apply?
The call is open to organisations working in one or more of the Northern Dimension partner countries: Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Russia, and Sweden.
A minimum of three partners from the Northern Dimension countries are required with one of them administering the application. The project team should include a diversity of stakeholders in the concerned country(ies), including at least one partner representing a non-CCI sector.
How to apply?
At this stage you can apply for the amount between 5000-10000 EUR. If your idea is selected, you and your partners will have six months to test and up-scale it and apply to implement your project for up to a total amount of 60 000 EUR.
All information about the Northern Spaces for Creative Innovation call for ideas can be found here.
The following documents need to be submitted:
- Application form completed in English (template available here)
- Estimated budget (in EUR) completed in English (template available here)
- Signed support letters from your partners (template available here)
All necessary documents can be found in the Northern Spaces for Creative Innovation application package here.
Submit your project ideas by Tuesday, 15 February 2022 (at 23:59 CET) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our support to you
Want to have more information? The Northern Spaces for Creative Innovation team is happy to answer any questions during the upcoming Q&A sessions:
- Wednesday, 15 December 2021, at 12:00 CET
- Wednesday, 12 January 2022, at 12:00 CET
- Wednesday, 2 February 2022, at 12:00 CET
Register to the Q&A sessions here.
Do not hesitate to reach out to the Northern Spaces for Creative Innovation team if you have any questions about the call or the application process to Lina: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find the Northern Spaces for Creative Innovation Call for Ideas and all relevant documents for you application here.
- To learn more about cross-innovation practices and trends in the region, read our latest study on “Cross-sectoral cooperation and innovation within Creative and Cultural Industries – practices, opportunities and policies within the area of the Northern Dimension Partnership on Culture” and visit the CCIs in the Northern Dimension Countries website.
The Northern Spaces for Creative Innovation is a part of the joint project between NDPC and EUNIC “Support to the NDPC”, co-funded by the European Union.